Compassion Katy exists to serve the body of Christ as a portal for the mobilization of the Church into the city, to become an indispensable blessing by demonstrating God’s love, justice, mercy, and blessing to those who are in need throughout the greater Katy area. With the recent needs arising out of the aftermath of Hurricane Ike, we have spread our focus and are helping others in the Greater Houston Area to assist and bless those whose homes and lives were devastated by the storm.
We have identified several needs and volunteer opportunities that need to be filled. We are reaching out to all the churches in the Katy area to help us spread God’s love and blessings to those in need.
- Donations of food to Katy Christian Ministries Food Pantry.
- Volunteers needed to work at the Red Cross Mega Shelter in Houston. To sign up email help email@example.com
- Donations to the Hurricane Ike Recovery Fund at Compassion Katy.
- Clothing and Book Drive for Galveston Island families and schools.
- Super Hero Saturdays October 11th and 18th helping out people in the Greater Houston area to start rebuilding their lives. We also need people with basic construction skills to lead teams on these Work Days. More information at www.IkeAssist.org.
- Breath of Life Paint Day Volunteers Needed November 15, 2008.
- Administrative support for Compassion Katy we need people to help coordinate these projects and volunteer opportunities.
Compassion Katy is always looking for ways to connect people who want to help with the people who need it. If you know of any service opportunities or work days run by other churches that need additional volunteers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get the ball rolling and help fill these needs.
Please feel free to pass this information along to your church congregations and anyone you think might be interested in helping out.